This Help Page is UNDER CONSTRUCTION!
Working With Rows and Columns
Functions and References
Working With Tags
Privacy and Security
The File Menu
The File menu is where you can save a model, open a model, create new models, and the like. Simply click the File menu and choose the desired action. The actions available are:
- New model – opens a new blank model called “Unnamed”
- Open model – opens an existing model or template
- Save model – saves the active model only, other open models/tabs are not saved
- Rename model – allows you to change the name of the active model/tab
- Clone model – makes a copy of the active model/tab
- Publish model – to make a model public – allows you to set various publishing parameters
- Delete model – deletes the active model
My Models vs. Templates
When you click File>Open you are presented with two lists of models. The top half of the window that opens displays your own saved models, under the My Models heading.
Below this is a list of available Templates. These are pre-built models that are made available to all Sumwise users. When you open a template model you are getting a copy of this model. If you then save this model, it (with any changes you make) is then saved in your My Models list.
Just to be clear, the models in your My Models list are private and can only be accessed by you.
Overview of the User Interface
The user interface consists of the usual spreadsheet grid, which is revealed as rows and columns are added or inserted. To the right of the grid are various panels for creating new cell groups, creating and editing tags, and applying formatting. Below the grid is the group manager which lets you edit group definitions and formulas, and reorder groups. To the left of the row labels is the row tag area, and above the column labels is the column tag area.